PDA

View Full Version : Cautiously optimistic...!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PaulaH.
Mon, Aug-02-04, 20:03
Hello everyone. I've been browsing through this site and am very impressed, so thought I'd join you. I live in England and, fortunately, we are able to get all of the wonderful American low-carb diet books here. I've been 100 pounds overweight since having my two sons, but can't blame them since they're now 19 and 22! I seem to have lived on McDonalds for lunch and Pizza Hut or Chinese Takeaway every day. (My sons even reached the point where they refused to go out to eat any more)! My husband works away and never minds what size I am.

Anyway, I tried every diet club going, truly desperate to lose the weight but the dreadful carb cravings outweighed any willpower I had. In desperation, I booked a Life Coach and she was able to point out to me that I clearly had an addiction to the wrong foods. It was like a light suddenly switched on. She suggested I should try cutting out sugar and later told me she had lost her own weight by following the Atkins diet, so I've bought all the books and will have a try. I'm so impressed with the success stories and photos on this site that I'm really hopeful that, for the first time in years, I'll actually succeed and get slim and fit. Thank you for sharing your stories. They are just the inspiration that I so badly need.

LilaCotton
Tue, Aug-03-04, 00:12
Welcome! And all the best to you! :)

4beans4me
Tue, Aug-03-04, 07:30
Hello and welcome! :wave: