PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Columbus, OH

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kvhpkh
Thu, Jul-29-04, 08:14
Hi!

I'm Pam. My husband Kelvin and I are from Columbus, OH. He is 43, I am 48. We live with our furry children, Thoppy (cat), Little Bear, Spice and Daisy Roo (Tibetan Spaniels) Kelvin and I have been on the Atkin's diet for about 3 months - Induction phase mostly - and we've pretty much tired of it but, would still like to stay basically low carb. We've added fruits, an occasional baked potato and low carb breads. He has lost 46 pounds. I have lost 23. He has been more faithful than me. Right now we desparately need ideas for "low carb breakfasts to go" that will sustain us until lunch. I am counting on all of you out there to provide some great recipes and ideas! I am changing from a full-time housewife to a full-time Teacher's Aide. Our schedules will be different and I will not be able to make breakfast each morning. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

shortstuff
Thu, Jul-29-04, 10:37
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm shortstuff and I'm also from Columbus, Ohio. For breakfast on the go, why not go to the recipe forum and look up some quiche type recipes that you can make ahead, freeze and nuke when you need them. Most of them are really, really good.

Also, if you haven't found it for yourself yet, check out McSlim's at Westpointe Plaza in Hilliard. Fantastic store!

Congratulations on finding this wonderful forum and this great way of eating.

BTW, you don't happen to be the couple I ran into at Walmart on Georgesville near the LC foods section, do you, and we chatted about different low carb items, plans and how to calculate net carbs?

shortstuff

kvhpkh
Fri, Jul-30-04, 06:13
Shortstuff - :wave: That was us! Cool Beans! Thanks for the quiche idea - that's one form of egg that we haven't tried. Yes, we love McSlim's too. Hope it stays around for awhile.

shortstuff
Fri, Jul-30-04, 10:59
Pam, I am so glad you remembered the forum address I gave you. You're going to find lots and lots of fantastically supportive people here.

For more recipes remember to check out Dana Carpender's LC cookbooks. They're cheaper at Amazon than they are in the bookstores and I've found a lot of help in them. Her recipes are fantastic and they help you vary your menu so you don't get bored.

Really good to see the two of you here.

Linda

kvhpkh
Sat, Jul-31-04, 05:12
To be honest Linda, I totally forgot that you gave us a web address! :o I did a search for low carb news and wound up here. Thanks for the head's up on Dana Carpender's recipe books! I appreciate your help! :D