PDA

View Full Version : up the fat to lose the weight? Maybe?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

auntiemmy
Wed, Jul-28-04, 06:42
This morning has good and bad news in my opinion. First off, I decided to check keto stripes in the morning ( I was doing it in the evening after I been drinking water all day-duh emmy!). I am in ketosis which I am super happy about, but then I weighed myself and I gained 1lb in the past 10 days. I know that is not anything to freak out about, but that was disappointing. when I weighed myself the thrid day of induction, I had actually lost three pounds, but I have not seen that since. I have remained the same up until I weighed myself today. I kind of felt like I didn't lose weight, I was feeling a bit fat the past few days and I assumed that i probably had gained some. Do you think that if I add more fat to my diet that I will see a small decrease of weight possibly? I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe it is muscle. Do you think I should try to add more butter and cream into things to up the fat a bit? I am trying to put cream in my eggs.

adkpam
Wed, Jul-28-04, 07:38
What are your ratios now? This is where entering things into Fitday gives you a good idea.

Lots of people find 5% carbs, 30% protein, and 65% fat works well, such as myself.

Also, you only have 15 pounds to lose. You can expect to lose 10% of that on Induction, so you are actually doing quite well.

Don't be impatient, especially at this stage! The less you have to lose, the less spectacular your results will be.

Pandora23
Wed, Jul-28-04, 09:30
There was a point where I had hit a stall and I upped my fat to 80% and started losing, I would have kept doing it but I was having a hard time keeping my cals lower.

jjoyb
Wed, Jul-28-04, 10:19
Emmy, could it be approaching that time of month? I find that I always both FEEL fat and gain weight in the week or so before TOM, and it lasts at least into the 2nd day of TOM. Maybe that's all it is?

Lipid
Wed, Jul-28-04, 11:09
Why are you wanting to lose weight when you are 5'9" and weigh 135?

I bet you look great right now.

med234
Wed, Jul-28-04, 11:33
For what it's worth, I'm also 5'9" and my target is 143.
I was 136 when i got married, but I think maybe I was a bit too boney then!
med

Mousesmom
Wed, Jul-28-04, 12:40
I'm 5'9" as well on a small frame. At 146, I still have a lot of belly fat. I'm heading towards 135 but couldn't imagine going lower than that.

Just my .02

Julie