PDA

View Full Version : New to Low Carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kittygirl0
Tue, Jul-27-04, 10:17
Hi all,

I am Andrea, 27, I am married and have an 18 month old daughter, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am in dire need to lose weight to get myself back to a healthy fit person, and I am not going to lie....for vanity reasons too.

I started my Atkins Low Carb diet on July 19th, 2004 at 280 lbs and as of my one week weigh in on the 26th I am down to 271 lbs :hyper: My goal weight is 150 lbs but that is going to be a long journey and one I am willing to take to get healthy.

I hope I can learn a lot from you all since I am so new at this. Can't wait to get to know you all.

Andrea

mysty
Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:36
Hello There, Ontario here too. we have almost the same stats and both started Atkins at the same time. welcome to the forum and i am sure you will find it very informative. i have very much. everyone is willing to help and very friendly. great recipes too. :)

Carina8
Tue, Jul-27-04, 23:01
Hi there kittygirl...

I'm glad you found the forum! It's really great!
I really encourage you to start a journal.. it really helps. It's a great place to put down your thoughts, meals or whatever.. and keep track of how you feel. People pop in and encourage too.. so check it out!

:rheart:
Carina

Bigshot
Wed, Jul-28-04, 15:26
Hi kittygirl, I'm from Ontario also and welcome to this great site. I'm on the Protein Power plan and I sure recommend the book to anyone who wants to improve their health and lose weight.