PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

annapanda
Mon, Jul-26-04, 23:30
I've been trying to drop about 30 pounds for about a year now - on and off of atkins, but never with the discipline I guess it takes to really lose - haven't lost an ounce...

I think I'm one of those that defnitiely shouldn't eat the "lo carb" (so called) snacks and treats... and I need to get to the gym which for me is that hardest...all that work and no results gets me down and i lose the optimisim that it takes to get up every day and really be committed.

I think if I saw results faster it would help, but right now I am struggling very hard with commitment and conviction that this will work.

I also wonder if it's true that you don't have to count calories? i think maybe even if I am getting to ketosis I am maybe only buring the fat i eat, not what is on my body... I am also thinking about exploring south beach vs the strict atkins I have been trying so far, but the thought of adding yet ANOTHER diet book to my bookshelf is just so depressing... :p

Anyway, it's great to see so many here doing the same things and I am really inspired by the photos and the successes... hope I can do it this time (and for always)

wbahn
Mon, Jul-26-04, 23:44
Greetings and welcome aboard!

you might browse the Plans link at the top and read a little bit about each of the common plans and see which one(s) you might want to investigate further. The key it to find a plan that you can stick to and not every plan is suitable for everyone.

You certainly can't go hog wild on the calories - even Atkins says that in a couple of places.

You might try starting a journal here and posting some typical meals for a few days to get some more focussed input from people.

Good luck!

Lobstergal
Tue, Jul-27-04, 01:51
Welcome to the group.