PDA

View Full Version : Hey there.. A newbie here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

krissalish
Mon, Jul-26-04, 21:35
:wave: :help:

I've actually been attempting a low carb diet since June 23rd. I've lost about 10 lbs. since then, but I know I haven't done it properly. I have read the Atkins and SB diet book and I'm not confused, I'm just .. bad at following directions, I guess. Also. it's very difficult having an unsupportive partner. Maybe unsupportive is the wrong word, but he's surely not encouraging. We met in a bar 3 years ago, and the bar has stayed with us. Probably my biggest challenge. We only go out about twice a week or so, but as I understand, that will hughly effect the outcome of my diet. So, I'm looking here to find others struggling with low-carb, learn new things, get some support and make some new friends!

wbahn
Mon, Jul-26-04, 23:39
Greetings and welcome aboard!

You've definitely come to the right place for support - and you are right, the bar scene will have a significant impact on your success unless you really keep a tight leash on it.

Good luck!