PDA

View Full Version : hi. new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skinnyplz
Sun, Jul-25-04, 20:18
hi i'm 18 years old and lately i've gained alot of weight i tried dieting and exercise but always gave up the 2nd week. i'm really hoping that the atkins one will work out for me longer than a week. this seems like a really good place to get support and advice ao i decided to join. hope to get advice pretty soon.

LilaCotton
Sun, Jul-25-04, 22:04
Welcome! My family and I have found that Atkins is definitely doable for life. I'd attempted a lot of different diets and always failed--mainly because I'd run out of food before I'd run out of appetite. With eating like this that doesn't happen because my body gets the food it needs and uses the most efficiently, whereas with other diets I was feeding the wrong thing (causing insulin spikes which resulted in more hunger).

We pretty much put the whole family on Atkins last fall. Both my daughters have lost 30+ pounds and just love eating like this. We have treats occasionally, but mostly they're LC treats, like cheesecake. Once in a blue moon someone has something that's not on plan, but only rarely for a splurge, then get right back to regularly scheduled eating habits.

Getting through Induction is the worst--once you get past that a lot of foods you really loved previously don't have nearly the control they did before--it's a whole lot easier to just say no. :)