PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Beach Carb Counter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LC Jedi
Fri, Jul-23-04, 14:19
My name is Michael. I am 43 and I live in Redondo Beach, California. I am originally from Florida and I am a low carb mad scientist in the kitchen in search of low to zero carb treats to help maintain my program. I have gone from 242, down to 196 and my gaol is 185. Please feel free to send me a message or ask a question. I am well versed in the low carb lifestyle.

Thanks for checking me out.

Michael

pbwh
Fri, Jul-23-04, 14:23
Hi Michael- Welcome aboard! I am relatively new to Atkins (10 days). Know any QUICK EASY recipes for somehting sweet (maybe with cream cheese)? I am craving and trying not to give in this early in Induction.

LC Jedi
Sat, Jul-24-04, 08:58
Welcome to the jungle. Sweet lovers like you and I are tough to please, especially during induction. The recipes out there for Zero Carb Cheese Cake suck. I mean they are really bad. I have attempted them, and you come to embrace the REAL taste of Splenda, because that's all you taste. The cream cheese never bonds or rises correctly. Now, you can go LOW carb, but during induction, may I recommend you melt down some cream cheese over low heat, add some Splenda or Equal AND then a zero carb flavoring. Melt all together and refrigerate. Eat with spoon.

Something everyone really likes here is Frozen Sugar Free Jello Cream Cheese Pops: I use the reds (Cherry, Strawberry) follow directions but use 1/3 to 1/2 the water needed. Add one pack cream cheese while jello is still hot. Mix with hand mixer til smooth, careful it's messy. And then pour in small containers. I use plastic popcicle molds I got from K-mart or dollar store, I don't remember. Freeze. It is good!

Stick to the program and use a digital scale. Weigh every morning and mark it on a calendar. You can do it.

tofi
Sat, Jul-24-04, 10:14
You should check out the Mock danish recipe with all its variations.

By the way, my NY Cheesecake with Splenda (made according to our own Chef Karen Barnaby's recipe) came out perfectly smooth, creamy, bonded and risen. I served it last week to non-LCers and they NEVER KNEW! Here is the link to her recipe on this site:
http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe062.html

pbwh
Fri, Jul-30-04, 22:31
Thanks for the suggestion! I will try the Splenda & flavoring. yummy........ :yum:

Harvey
Fri, Jul-30-04, 23:09
Hi....ordinary Italian cheese cake made with ricotta and usually served at Easter or Christmas is a wonderful low carb desert. The only change from the original recipe would be to use splenda instead of sugar, and oils or extracts instead of liquor.

You can also turn this around and make delicious savory cheese cakes with ricotta and spinach or escarole. Crumbled savory meats such as proscuitto can be added.

Damn...now I made myself hungry!

Good night

Eddie