PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new and confused, need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

habanera65
Fri, Jul-23-04, 07:45
:wave: Hi, I am new in this site, and I am really confused about low carb, I really started on the 7-19-04, but instead of losing weight I gained 6lbs more, I'm going to the gym everyday and eating a little food, everything low carb and still gaining weight... :cry: I don't understand, I need to lose weight a.s.a.p. because I want to have a baby, and is not smart to start a pregnancy so overweight...please :help: . Thank you.

jaboonee
Fri, Jul-23-04, 10:58
I would recommend reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution. If you are confused this can really help. the one thing i can say is that you have to make sure you are eating enough food as well. Low-carb is not fat or calorie restricted so just make sure you are eating when you are hungry. If you are on Induction, make sure you are doing it the correct way and not eating any sweets or specialty low carb products as this can affect your start into the low carb way of life. Get yourself a carb counter as well. There are a lot of foods that have hidden carbs that you don't think they do! make sure to look up every ingredient you are putting in your food! And if you have more questions, definitely post them cause you will get the help you need!!!

Good Luck! :wave:

MISSRED197
Fri, Jul-23-04, 12:47
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!:Party:

You are in the perfect place for support and motivation!!!

Best of luck!!!!

Hugs~

tofi
Fri, Jul-23-04, 13:50
Please do read the book and learn that LCers do not need to go hungry. Eating the right stuff can make you lose weight, while only eating a little can scare your body into holding on tightly to its reserves.

Exercise can make you gain muscle so the scales are not your friend here. Better to measure every body part you can reach, write it down and compare every month. You'll notice the change in your clothes.

if you need immediate advice on what to eat, go to www.atkins.com and click on "How to Do Atkins".