PDA

View Full Version : havent lost anything

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

elisaann
Thu, Jul-22-04, 17:58
hey alll!
i am 21 and just started atkins about 1 week and a half ago. i admit i'm a big carb addict and this diet is really tough for me. i also admit, i've cheated about 3 times and sadly i havent lost any weight in this induction phase. i seem to eat a lot of meat, etc. to try and curb my cravings for carbs but then i'm just overeating. also, i have been using Keto baking products (keto bread) but is this a no-no during induction? :help:
thanks!
elisa

jamaicaker
Thu, Jul-22-04, 18:03
Stay away from anything processed right now. The meat, veges, and good fat are what you need. I have to admitt that I don't drink water. So, I usually water down crystal light and I drink diet sodas. Having a hard time with the water thing. Try to keep food to the purest form. If you are hungry, eat, something like veges and dressing, meat. Remember to ask yourself if you are really hungry or if it is emotional hunger, i have a problem with that too. Keep up the good work. Use Fitday.com to keep track of your food and the percentages. Fat should be around 60% carbs around 5% and protien around 35%. Have you read the book also?

tofi
Thu, Jul-22-04, 18:22
I don't think the bake mix is on an Induction Lists in the books, so ignore what the label "may" say. As you are 5'5" tall, your ideal weight is around 125 as a minimum. So you really only have about 5 pounds to lose. If you lose 1 pounds during Induction, that would be 20% of the way to that reasonable goal and about double what a person should expect.

LCers tend to weigh more but be smaller than low fat losers.

elisaann
Thu, Jul-22-04, 20:43
so is reading the atkins book that crucial? I have browsed through it, reading everything i need to know about induction phase and what i can and can't eat. I didn't buy the book though.
also another question. i'm a pretty active girl, doing physical exercise everyday from anywhere between 1-3 hours (ellipitcal, sprints, baskeball, running, etc.) so i figured even if i cheated a bit, my excercise would have burned the extra carbs??? or is this just my wishful thinking :D
thanks for ya'lls support!!!
elisa

black57
Thu, Jul-22-04, 22:37
so is reading the atkins book that crucial? I have browsed through it, reading everything i need to know about induction phase and what i can and can't eat. I didn't buy the book though.
also another question. i'm a pretty active girl, doing physical exercise everyday from anywhere between 1-3 hours (ellipitcal, sprints, baskeball, running, etc.) so i figured even if i cheated a bit, my excercise would have burned the extra carbs??? or is this just my wishful thinking :D
thanks for ya'lls support!!!
elisa

I think that the book is essential. I know of people who have experienced problems that they could have avoided if they had read the book. Some people are in such a hurry to get started and lose that they don't take in very important points. I know someone who is in the hospital as we speak, for gall bladder surgery. She just had a gall stone attack this past December( I didn't know about this ). She went on induction 1 and 1/2 weeks ago. Of course the doc blamed the diet and told her to get off of it. If she had taken the time to read the book ;) she could have by=passed this agony. She must have skimmed through the book because that information is there. I have another friend that did the same thing and complained about her emergency gall bladder surgery. I said that this way of eating will aggravate an underlying problem with gall stones etc. Well, why don't they put that in the book? I told her it's in the book. I am a strong believer in being informed.

jamaicaker
Fri, Jul-23-04, 21:03
I am with black57 on reading the book. Read it while on the eliptical, I think I have read it over 5 times, that way I don't loose my sight.

elisaann
Fri, Jul-23-04, 23:57
thanks for the info about reading the book. i'll definitely do that now.
however, i was also wondering, does it matter where my net carbs come from. i've found myself quite fond of the low carb candy (and i've found 0 note carb ice cream) but i didnt know if this is allowed during induction. is it ok to eat these low carb diet foods (sweets in general) like the low carb meal bars during induction? i;m thinking i have to start induction all over again....i guess re-induction.
thanks
elisa :( :bash:

jamaicaker
Sat, Jul-24-04, 01:09
Stay away from processed foods. Stick with getting you r carbs from veges and cheeses. The cleaner the induction the better :thup:

black57
Sat, Jul-24-04, 15:04
Avoid the low carb ice cream and 0 carb candies, even meal replacement bars, for now. These items can cause cravings and even stall your weightloss. However, they can be incorporated later on down the road. You don't have long to go and don't start induction again just go a littel beyond the 2 week minimum.
The book will make it easier for you.