PDA

View Full Version : New to Low carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DeeUK
Thu, Jul-22-04, 05:08
I have not started lowcarbing yet but was listening to a UK radio show on LBC when i caught the tail end of a discussion about low carbs. It was basically an author of a book called Eat fat get thin by Barry groves. As I have a lot of weight to lose I woud investigate it further. On searching the net i found the site and i cannot believe the amount of info that is available.
I was also watching a programme on the discovery health channel where a woman lost over 300 lbs in two years with low carbing. I have over 150 lbs to lose and am hoping i can stick with it once i start.

I know it a way of life but i have few hang ups i need to over come before starting it. One is sugar i don't eat tons of it but i have just started using it from the canderel, artificial sweetner , i was using that has aspartame in it. Having heard there are side affects from that we have tried to cut it out. I find this very confusing having starting reusing sugar.

Anyway I am going to continue researching a bit more before embarking on this way of life.

I hope to get a lot from this site and make some friends to. :)

Dee

sevenclark
Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:29
Welcome, Dee;
The best thing to do at this point is just to spend a lot of time at this site reading, reading, reading. There is so much info available and the best thing to be is informed! Good luck on your journey; I hope you find a program that suits you :-)
Julie

Cara73
Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:24
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and informative. And the support you'll receive from the wonderful people here can't be beat!!

Best of luck to you!! :)