PDA

View Full Version : New to this and having a problem.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

*tracey*
Thu, Jul-22-04, 03:14
Hi i started the atkins diet 11 days ago and have lost 15and a half pounds but have stayed the same weight for 4 days....the only thing i have done different is had a contreseption injection which i have to have every 12 weeks 4 days ago, :help: has any body got any helpful information on this, or had the same experi...please help as i am really enjoying the atkins please HELP :help:

jaboonee
Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:17
All i can tell you is that around the 10 days to 2 week mark is when the rapid weight loss slows down. Most of what you lose in the first 2 weeks is water and now you will be losing fat. I used to get the same injection and i don't remember there being any problems with it. (except giant pussy zits:))

Welcome to the forum!

jadefox26
Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:19
Yeah its normal to slow down right about now - I wouldn't worry too much if you keep doing what you are and the weight will come off again eventually
xxx

sevenclark
Thu, Jul-22-04, 08:23
Just keep on going; this is what most people experience. You may slow down or even stop losing weight for a few days or so but it will start again. It always does! You're not necessarily doing anything wrong, it's just your body starting to catch up with what you're doing.
If you don't start losing again soon let us know and we'll try to brainstorm with you and see what's happening.
Don't worry, you're doing fine!
Julie

*tracey*
Fri, Jul-23-04, 11:51
Thanks 4 all your help and information.
I will carry on and see if i lose any weight next week...(week3).
I was just a little worried as i read in the Atkins manual book that the .birth control pills are effected by the diet.
But as you said you were on the same as me, with no problem's so THANKS again :) :) :)

MISSRED197
Fri, Jul-23-04, 12:43
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!:Party:

You are in the perfect place for support and motivation!!!

Best of luck!!!!

Hugs~

jaboonee
Fri, Jul-23-04, 12:51
Thanks 4 all your help and information.
I will carry on and see if i lose any weight next week...(week3).
I was just a little worried as i read in the Atkins manual book that the .birth control pills are effected by the diet.
But as you said you were on the same as me, with no problem's so THANKS again :) :) :)

Also when i went off the injection i went back on the pill and have had no problems with that either. I'm sure it is completely normal! :D

Drake
Thu, Jul-29-04, 14:47
First of all...15 pounds is a great accomplishment in such a short period of time. Your body just needs to "catch up"....its gonna slow down and then adjust..then you should hit a slow steady pace the rest of the way. There will be times that they describe as "whooshes" that can be 3 pounds or so disappearing seemingly overnight. But you hang in there and if you need anything....just visit....this place is like a family...we all are here to lean on when you need it most or just need to vent a bit. :thup: