PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tiffboesch
Tue, Jul-20-04, 16:46
Hi everyone, Well i am starting Atkins today and i need all the support i can get. This looks like a awesome place to get support. I can't wait to get to know some of you out there trying to win the battle of the bulge to:) I am currently 205. My goal weight is 135. I am trying to get rid of pregnancy weight that i have been holding on to for 4 years. My weight before i got prego was 119. Can't wait to hear from some of you.

Tiffany

momof4boys
Tue, Jul-20-04, 16:56
Hello Tiffany,
I'm trying to get rid of pregancy weight that I've been holding for um 7 years. LOL My oldest is 7, my youngest is 5months. and I'm doing wonderful, I'm 23lbs less now than I was before becoming pg with my last son. I've been doing Atkins since May 13th.
I Love this wol,
Take your golden shot girl, let me tell you, let this work for you the first time, DON'T do what I did, I did Atkins prior to getting pregnant with my third son, and I lost 30lb,(it took me a year, because I wasn't as commited as I am now, I cheated all the time)I gained it ALL back within the first month of my pregnancy, now isn't that just sick! well I'm on my way now to lose this weight and keep it off.
I haven't cheated, NO NOT ONCE this time around, and I feel sooo much better too.
I just wanted to wish you, great success with this, and To DEMAND you stick to the plan! :lol:
Wish I had someone making me "DEMANDS" when I did it the first time, :lol:
I'm sure you will do just fine!

Tammy

CindyG
Tue, Jul-20-04, 17:47
Hi Tiffany!

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll find lots of great information and support here!

Congrats on starting Atkins today! You may start to feel like you have the flu over the next couple days, but don't worry, it's perfectly normal. Just your body switching over from buring carbs to burning fat for fuel! In a few days you'll be feeling great and losing some of those pounds!

Stick with induction as cleanly as possible! Give your body the chance to get over carb cravings and you'll do great! I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your results!

Good luck to you!