PDA

View Full Version : HI FROM VERMONT

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GLORIA
Tue, Sep-11-01, 16:05
I HAVE BEEN DOING ATKINS DIET FOR 5 MONTHS. I WAS LOOKING ON THE WEB AND FOUND THIS SITE. IT REALLY HELPED ME. I HAVE LOST AROUND 40 LBS. HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECT OF ATKINS DIET EATING AT YOUR HEART MUSCLE.
THANKS GLORIA MAYBE WEAKING THE MUSCLE A RN TOLD ME THIS .

bluugirl
Tue, Sep-11-01, 16:12
hi gloria, and welcome to the forum.. you've done so well on your loss. i'm sure someone more knowledgeable will answer ur question on the heart.

doreen T
Tue, Sep-11-01, 16:23
Glad you found us. Congrats on the 40 lbs lost, that's wonderful.

Um, not sure what you mean about affecting the heart muscle. Do you mean damage? or does the muscel weaken? Are you concerned about cholesterol clogging the arteries?? Not sure about being "eating at the heart muscle"????

I'll try to answer though, if I'm more sure of the question ;)

Doreen

sukey
Sun, Sep-16-01, 17:31
Hi Gloria, I,am not sure about the heart muscle,but if DR. ATKINS is any example,he is in his 60's at least.he seems to be doing alright and he is a heart doctor. Congrats on your weight loss....stay in touch.....SUKY