PDA

View Full Version : a second try

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

comfort
Mon, Jul-19-04, 15:55
Hi everyone

I've been lurking about the forums for the past month or so and have finally settled in and started up a journal to keep me on track. This is my second go round with low carb. I followed Atkins two years ago and lost 30 pounds which I kept off for a year and a half by following a maintenace low carb style of eating. But then a hectic schedule and stress led to me slowly falling back into my old habits and over the course of six months I gained back 20 of those pounds.

I'm now in my third week of low carb and its going great. The information here is amazing and its wonderful to see the support and help members offer each other :)

comfort

wbahn
Tue, Jul-20-04, 01:09
Greetings and welcome aboard!

You are definitely not alone in the "more than once" category. But it's good to see that you caught yours and stopped the slide before you lost all your previous gains - or gained all your previous losses as the case may be.

bevbme
Tue, Jul-20-04, 05:20
Stick to it You will do great. Lots of support here.

comfort
Wed, Jul-21-04, 12:11
Thank you both for the encouragement. :)
The forum is amazing - all the support and advice here is definitely helping keep me focused on my goals.