PDA

View Full Version : 20 year old PCOS sufferer in need of some advice

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

REVE
Mon, Jul-19-04, 05:28
Hi all! :)

I wanted to share my story with you all to see if someone could give me some advice/help. I am 20 years old and got diagnosed with PCOS in 2002 and since then I have been on OrthoCyclen (which has restored my cycle), 2000mg Glucophage daily, 200mg Spironolactone daily, and just this year Dexamethasone .25mg. I have excessive body hair everyone and I need to lose about 20lbs to get down to my normal wieght. It is now late 2004 and I have seen no results from any of the medications.

I tried Atkins once but its a hard lifestyle to follow in college. Just this week I started following a low carb diet (based on atkins but not as strict).

How long did it take to see results from low carbing in terms of body hair? Is it really true that if you loose a little bit of body weight the hair can drastically improve?

I am also an athlete which complicates losing wieght.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions/help :wave:

tofi
Mon, Jul-19-04, 08:30
Hello and welcome. Be sure to go over the PCOS forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=46) and read about other people's success with their LCing and PCOS. If you are doing one of the Semi-Low Carb Plans like Zone, Somersize etc, go to that forum for people who aren't following the lowest carb plans.