PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ginny31
Sun, Jul-18-04, 00:42
Hello everyone. :)
I just found this forum. Hoping to get support here and maybe offer some support as well. I'm 31, from Wichita, KS. My official starting weight is 286.5 lbs. I'm down to 284 lbs in just 2 days. I just started low carbing. I did it before, about 5 months ago and had great success. I lost about 20 lbs in the 2 months that I was doing Atkins. I let myself go and gained much of that weight back.
I think Atkins is a bit strict for me. True, I would probably lose faster by being more strict, but right now, time is not as issue for me.
I just picked up a copy of the South Beach Diet a few days ago. I started doing it 2 days ago. I haven't exactly read it yet, so I'm going into this a little blindly. In the 2 days that I've been dieting again, I've already lost 2.5 lbs. I know it's water weight, but it's a good start.
Well that is my background for now.
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I will be checking back daily and hopefully posting more often.
Take care!

musicwoman
Sun, Jul-18-04, 04:22
Greetings from a fellow Wichitan! :wave:

I am glad you found this forum and I know you will find lots of support here, I sure have. Best wishes with South Beach. I know my parents in California are enjoying it (they have lost 25 pounds in 2 months). Keep in touch and check in often.

Welcome Aboard! Keep dodging the orange barrels everywhere! ;)

Kristal
musicwoman :dazzle: