PDA

View Full Version : concerned

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ace2_red
Sat, Jul-17-04, 21:26
Hi! All- just a brief note to say hello in my first message on this board !
I am a Retired senior male at 76 yrs young, likes golfing and travel. however this year my health has turned for the worst and I await surgery as well.
In may 2004 I was told that I have prostate cancer and it was agreed to "watchful waiting" with PSA tests each 6 months . then after an x-ray at Princess Margaret I was also informed that I have an Abdominal Aorta Aneurysm at 6.9 cm that needs surgery which I am now waiting for
The Dr told me that with my condition and the extra weight that I carry around is not too good - at 257 pounds I wish to go on low carb and attempt to lose some weight SAP ! I know that I will need help so send all your messages please /ace

penelope
Sat, Jul-17-04, 21:43
Ace,
Did you tell your doctor that you wish to Low Carb before surgery?
I would suggest that anything you do should be very slow and under medical supervision. Going on a big dietary change is very hard on your system, now is not the time to experiment.
How about you just start by getting rid of white bread, alcohol, and sweets.
Increase your greens; Kale and Broccoli, have big salads with romaine and tomatoes every day. Increases your fish.
Best to you, and do not worry too much, enjoy everyday with a nice game of golf and fresh air. Being relaxed is a big plus health wise:)
Pene

Tanikova
Sat, Jul-17-04, 21:47
Welcome to the forum and good luck on the upcoming surgery.. I agree that you should talk about this with your doctor first though