PDA

View Full Version : Need support...and answers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kortnismom
Wed, Jul-14-04, 17:58
Hi everyone. I'm new to this. I started induction on Monday. So far, I have not had any problems craving carbs of any kind but I have a few questions. Anyone care to take the time to clear up a few things?

tofi
Wed, Jul-14-04, 18:36
All you have to do is ask, and someone will come along and answer.

You could also look at other threads in the Newbies Questions forum, or read the sticky at the top of the Index page to that forum. Hot Links especially has lots of answers. Or use the word Search in the green stripe above.

Welcome to the board.

kortnismom
Wed, Jul-14-04, 18:49
Thanks for answering. I've read the threads but have some more specific questions. For instance.... I know alcohol is prohibited from the induction phase. I know it's because it lowers blood sugar and makes you want to snack more. I also learned from this site that I will metabolize alcohol before fat. What I wonder is how much one or two glasses of white wine at night will hinder my progress. I have no problem at this point craving "bad" things even when I'm drinking. Also, no Diet Coke???? I could live without caffeine but the caffeine free tastes weird. So how much is wine and diet coke going to kill this for me if I'm doing everything else right? Anybody in the same boat?

tofi
Wed, Jul-14-04, 19:04
At your low weight, with not much to lose, it might not make a lot of difference in the rate. You'll just have to try it and see. If you lost a pound a month after Induction, I'd say you were succeeding.