PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

drlake66
Tue, Jul-13-04, 21:42
Hi all, I've been sort of half-hearted following the Zone/40-30-30 eating plan for several months (heck it might even be a year). And when I follow it I feel great. When I don't I tend to binge on such goodies as M&Ms and Oreos. :help:

So I thought I give it another try and maybe get a bit more support this time. So I'm going to give it a go and I ordered some new cookbooks which I hope will help me out. I haven't gotten them yet so I'm keep my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else read:

ZonePerfect Cookbook by Kristy Walker
Zone Cooking Made Easy: 6 Weeks of Delicious Zone Balanced Meals by Faye Hoffoss
The Balanced Diet Cookbook by Bill Taylor
The Perfect Balance by Lorraine Allard, Judy Hamza
and The South Beach Cookbook

I also have a slew of diabetic cookbooks because I have Type II diabetes. But anyway - I just wanted to say Hi :wave:

tofi
Wed, Jul-14-04, 06:01
Nice to 'meet' you. Welcome to the board. I am sure you will meet people who are on your plan here. Check out the "Semi Low Carb Plans" section where the Zone posts are found.

Be sure to read the "Newbies' Questions" and also the "Comment Box and Technical Forum" - especially the stickies at the top - which explain many features of the boards and lots of great articles. Hope that your losing goes very well.