PDA

View Full Version : From time to time I want pasta!!!!Share your recipes!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sweetmango
Tue, Jul-13-04, 15:33
:thup: I know how to do portion control, this is good for outings, friends, parties etc. :) :agree: :agree: :help: I use Olive Oil, any other suggestions, I do it different each time!! What about you!! :) low carb of course!!!

MeltingFst
Tue, Jul-20-04, 00:51
Instead of pasta: using a potato peeler, I make long strands from a zucchini squash. Sautee the strands in olive oil, season with salt & pepper, top with sauce. My family likes this better than "real" pasta.

Elsah
Tue, Jul-20-04, 06:21
You can also use spaghetti squash as a substitute. We like ours with a homemade "Sauce" made of olive oil, onions, fresh parsley, lemon juice, fresh tomatoes and basil then toss with the squash and feta cheese. Broccoli and alfredo sauce tossed with spaghetti squash is pretty yummy too.

Jenn

tofi
Tue, Jul-20-04, 09:17
"French cut" green beans are also good as a pasta substitute. They go well with every sauce I've tried and have a lovely fresh taste. Only thing I miss is twirling them on my fork - beans are too short.

tortoise
Mon, Aug-30-04, 07:55
If you live near an Asian grocery store, look for tofu noodles, also called "bean curd" noodles. We had them with pesto the other night. Also there are shirataki ("yam bean" noodles) with even fewer carbs, but not much protein, and I don't have as much experience with them.

Laura (not a vegetarian, but my daughter is)

Faithnj
Mon, Aug-30-04, 09:38
I like all of the above suggestions, and I think they are best. But if you just have to have the "real" thing, make sure it's Dreamfield's pasta. The taste is way better than any made my the the other low carb companies.