PDA

View Full Version : the new LC noob on the block

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

biggin'
Sun, Jul-11-04, 16:12
Hey all y'all, I just joined, my name is Dave, I am from Ontario Canada, I am 33 500+ pounds, I have lost over 100 pounds on 2 different occasions but gained it back both times, so i am hoping atkins is the way to go.

Tanikova
Sun, Jul-11-04, 16:21
I am sure that you will find great support on this forum... I have....

orchidday
Sun, Jul-11-04, 21:42
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the site useful and fun!

orchid

Lobstergal
Tue, Jul-27-04, 02:21
Atkins is definitely the way to go. My last (and now ex) boyfriend lost over 110 pounds on Atkins and in his heyday he lost 89 pounds in 86 days. He was a weight loss machine. Guys always lose weight great on Atkins.

Make sure you get in some cardio each day....at least 30 minutes of it and work your way up to 60 minutes. That is what I am doing right now and it will make the weight loss go faster and stick better as you replace bad habits with good ones.

You have found a great forum here. I love it here and cannot wait to read the posts each day.

Good luck to you and start a journal when you can so we can keep up on your progress. I took a wee peek at your photo and when you get down to your goal weight you are going to be one fantastic looking guy (not that you aren't already...you'll just be a lot hotter looking then you are now :) )

I look forward to reading your posts.
Jaime

mysty
Tue, Jul-27-04, 06:36
Hello Dave, Welcome. I am sure you will like it very much here. Great Support and everyone willing to help each other I have been a member for a week now and found so much information and great recipees. Its the first time i come across someone from Ontario. :)