PDA

View Full Version : introduce myself...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

raekay207
Fri, Jul-09-04, 12:09
hello, :wave: my name is rachel and i just recently joined this group. i did a key word search online to try to find out how many net carbs are in a bag of cheezits and i found a link to here.

ive been on the diet for over two weeks now and lost between 7-10 pounds, because I keep going back and forth. I'm getting frustrated because I want to lose a lot more, but I am only staying in that range of 7- 10 pounds weight loss.

well i am at it...is there any snack i might be able to find that will settle my cravings for cheezits? :-/

Cara73
Fri, Jul-09-04, 12:15
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very informative and the people are extremely supportive!!!!

Not sure about the craving for cheezits. I try and ignore cravings and so far it's worked for me. I don't really have any anymore. When I try to substitute, I tend to cheat, so I try to do without. Just my opinion :)

Best of luck to you.

nets33
Fri, Jul-09-04, 13:27
Welcome!

Oh... cravings are really hard! I'd suggest borrowing a book on LC (South Beach or Atkins) that may be able to help you find some alternative snacks. You can also read the recipe area on this board for some ideas.

When I get cravings I drink water... helps me realize that I'm not really hungry at all! Since I've cut out most of my craving foods I realzie that I don't even want them anymore.

Good luck,
Kiks

Tanikova
Fri, Jul-09-04, 16:59
you have done well for 2 weeks especially since you have not as much to lose as others... myself included.... and daily flucutations happens especially for us women with our lovely visits from TOM.... give it more time, and especially if you are upping your activity level, remember you can be replacing fat with muscle which weighs more per size, but will up your metabolism which in the long run helps... also, have you been checking inches lost... sometimes you will stall with lbs but start losing the inches... especially when increasing muscle mass

raekay207
Sat, Jul-10-04, 07:33
thank you everyone for the encouragement....

i bought a tape measurer last night at walmart :)

LittleDar
Sat, Jul-10-04, 07:38
Hi! I've just finished Dr. Atkins book cover to cover and will shop today, clean out pantry and fridge tomorrow, and begin on Monday. I am so happy to have found this forum. I hope it proves helpful! I need all the help I can get! :wave: