PDA

View Full Version : New to group

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LisaE
Thu, Jul-08-04, 19:39
Hi

I am new to this site. I have lost 50 pounds on atkins, but it has taken me two years!!!!!! I have another 50 (or more ) to lose. But am finding myself stuck at the same weight for about six months.

Any ideas to jump start the weight lose???

Thanks
lisa

TwilightZ
Thu, Jul-08-04, 20:17
Hi

I am new to this site. I have lost 50 pounds on atkins, but it has taken me two years!!!!!! I have another 50 (or more ) to lose. But am finding myself stuck at the same weight for about six months.

Any ideas to jump start the weight lose???

Thanks
lisa

Welcome, Lisa. Today I just decided to go into recruiter mode and go down the list of newbies and see who's coming aboard. I'm not the typical low carber here--I believe in a more logical, natural way of eating that will enable you to lose the weight and maintain good health. No hard sell. Just when you have a second, mosey on down to the Paleolithic/Neanderthin board and see if it doesn't make sense. If it doesn't, forget it. We eat lots of good food, are happy, still have some health problems (like allergies) but major stuff is disappearing, and when you eat this way, there's less urge to cheat, because you leave the old food world behind and think about food differently.

If you haven't already done so, eliminate all grains and sugar from your diet. That should help. Also, cortisol reducers, like Relacore are helpful for people who are under a lot of stress.

Best of luck and success.

Howard

nets33
Fri, Jul-09-04, 11:25
Welcome LisaE....

It could be that some of the foods you are eating are causing your stall. I'd suggest looking at your "average" days food intake and take a serious look at what you are eating...

- are you eating enought food (to little calories can cause your body to go into starvation mode)
- are you eating too many processed foods?

There are lots of little things that can cause you to stall. But don't be discouraged - you've done a great job so far! :clap:

good luck,
Kiks