PDA

View Full Version : I guess this is the first step!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kathy'o
Tue, Jul-06-04, 13:04
Hi, :wave: My name is kathy'o and this is my first attempt to try a low-carb diet. Nothing else has worked... so I have lots to lose! I am computer-stupid when it comes to these lists and posting and I hope you will all be patient with me. Junk food is my problem... and many meds including steroids. I have Multiple Sclerosis ~ and the weight is contributing to my inability to get around easily. I need help and I need it now! Any tips or advice would be deeply appreciated. So Thanks for being here and wish me luck! :) [/FONT][/SIZE]

AFwife
Tue, Jul-06-04, 13:05
WELCOME ABOARD!

Chella
Tue, Jul-06-04, 13:32
Hi Kathy and welcome!! :wave:

Have a look around the site and do a little research to find out which plan best suits your needs and goals (Protein Power, Atkins, South Beach, CAD...). Once you have figured that out - buy the corresponding book and read it thoroughly! This forum is a great source of inspiration, support and advice, but you need to know a little more about which way you want to go with your new Way of Eating first.

Best of luck on your journey!!! :thup:

granisez
Fri, Jul-09-04, 21:33
Welcome! I started on Atkins Jan. 1st with a gal that has ms also. We met while we were workcamping in Texas - funny how lives get put together! Anyhow - welcome and best of luck. I hope you checked with your doctor before you began! Low carb life is great because you get so much energy and feel great.

black57
Fri, Jul-09-04, 21:40
Kathy O, Like everyone has posted, it is great to have you with us. Sorry to hear about your ailment, however, you will prove quite useful to those who are in a similar situation as yours. Like Chella says, decide which program works best for you and stick to it like glue. Don't know how the steroids will interfere with your success but I am sure they will cause a problem.

chicamala
Tue, Jul-13-04, 00:48
Hi Kathy'o-
Glad you are joining us on this board. I am also fairly new to low carbing. I am reading as many books as I can. I think I am getting the jist of the programs and trying to settle on a program now.

Look forward to seeing your posts and progress.

Take care,

Cara73
Tue, Jul-13-04, 12:54
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very informative and the people are extremely supportive!!!!

Best of luck to you.