PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ebojorq
Thu, Jul-01-04, 16:16
Hi there!

I'm Efrain, 28. I'm looking for a doctor who can help me here in Monterrey, Mexico.

I used to be a lowcarber before I came to Monterrey, but the fast life, with so little time for me to cook my own food lead me to fast food.

I'm trying to get back on track now, but I haven't been able to find a doctor or anybody who can guide me through this process again.

I saw a guy whose nick is Tonytiger, from here, Monterrey.

I would really appreciate if somebody who knows him or anybody else here in Monterrey told them about me and could help to get this started.

I am fully motivated to start this as a life purpose and I admire all of you who have been capable of such an accomplishment.

I'll see you around!!

LilaCotton
Fri, Jul-02-04, 16:12
I'm afraid I can't help you with a doctor, but I did want to welcome you. :)

Your profile indicates you haven't read any books, and that's what you should do first. Can you find a copy of Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution in your area? If you can't, you might try finding one on eBay from a seller who ships internationally, and if you have no luck there, post back here.

I almost forgot! Make sure you go to http://www.atkins.com because you can learn a lot from this site--including how to get started. :)

bluesfan88
Sat, Jul-03-04, 08:00
welcome :wave: and good luck with low carbing .

an good idea is to get a journal (top of page for introduce yourself on a sticky ) people can look at your journal and give you feedback and you meet loads of people that way to .

There is also a section that you can post to people from your area. so maybe you could find someone that way too.

but as lila said above you need to first read some books and then check out some webpages , ask questions here and start going .

people are very supportive and will help you along in this journey .good luck :daizy:

eric909
Sat, Jul-03-04, 08:23
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

ebojorq
Sat, Jul-03-04, 09:09
Thank you all.

I've already visited some sites in Internet besides this. Based on this readings I have an idea on how the Atkins approach works but I want some orientation. I think I have actually seen the Atkins New Diet Revolution in a bookstore near my home, but anyway I would like to be supervised by a doctor.

I'm going to do the journal thing to keep a track of my progress.

Thank you very much!

muweek
Sat, Jul-03-04, 09:32
:wave: welcome!

You really should read the book..you learn so much from that and its a great tool to refer back to..

Wishing you lots of success~

Gloria27
Thu, Sep-23-04, 14:10
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Hola Efraín... yo acabo de entrar a esto del grupo y vi tu nombre y que vives aquí en Monterrey. Espero que hayas empezado algún plan, pero si no, te mando el nombre de un doctor que te da una dieta BC. Se llama Román Gutiérrez y está en Espinosa Ote. 425 entre E. Carranza y Escobedo. Yo empecé el 9 de agosto de 2004 y hasta el lunes 20 de septiembre llevaba 10 kilos abajo. ¡¡ :cheer: Echale ganas!!

MissScruff
Thu, Sep-23-04, 14:30
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

The book and www.atkins.com have so much information that you can gain while waiting to find a doctor to supervice your weight loss! Good luck in your search and I wish you the best success at meeting the goals you have set for yourself!

ArkyMom
Thu, Sep-23-04, 15:15
I agree with the others on getting the book. I had tried the atkins just by what my brother was telling me, and I failed. I learned a lot more by reading the book and was successful my first 3 weeks last time,.....Till I got pregnant!

Good luck!

Michelle

angeljandy
Thu, Sep-23-04, 16:39
Welcome, you'll find this site a great source of information and support. Good Luck with your program!!! :wave:

4beans4me
Fri, Sep-24-04, 07:06
Hello and welcome! :wave:

MissScruff
Fri, Sep-24-04, 10:35
I agree with the others on getting the book. I had tried the atkins just by what my brother was telling me, and I failed. I learned a lot more by reading the book and was successful my first 3 weeks last time,.....Till I got pregnant!

Good luck!

Michelle
The website is the official Atkins site! Not just someone else's interpretation of how Atkins should work! A truly inspiring place to go because of all the information and how it is broken down! :D

MISSRED197
Sat, Sep-25-04, 10:29
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!!

:Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer:

You're in the right place for support and motivation!!

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs~