PDA

View Full Version : just saying hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dee2004
Tue, Jun-29-04, 15:34
hello everyone

i have lost over 4 stones since jan 04 by cutting down on carbohydrates since the birth of my last baby. i have a boy aged 16yrs, a girl aged 19mths and a baby boy aged 6mths. i now weigh 10st and want to get down to 8.5 so after staying the same weight this past month i have decided to really focus and be strict with myself to get the rest off! i started taking two meal replacement shakes which are approx 18gprotein and 20g carbs each plus a protein meal in the evening plus drinking lots of water.
it is great to talk to others who are low carb believers too! i am keen to see how others are getting on as it really helps to motivate me.

diane

4beans4me
Tue, Jun-29-04, 19:58
Hello and welcome Diane! :wave:

Iowagirl
Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:11
Welcome Dee!
I hope your evening meal isn't just protein - veggies are a must. Also, the shakes have been known to cause stalls. You may want to consider doing induction for 2 weeks - no need to replace those meals! :)

CheesyPoof
Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:46
Nice to meet you Dee! Sounds like you are doing GREAT! I agree with Iowagirl, I hope you are eaing your veggies!

dee2004
Wed, Jun-30-04, 16:18
hello everyone
i have just got a bit of a problem, the shakes i paid alot for arrived and with the milk to make them up add up to 35g carbs each so i am trying to get a refund. it was advertised with a 30day money back guarantee but i do not know what will happen. the girl is not very happy with me!the products are herbalife and i should have known better. i have read alot here about other people being caught the same way and it helped me decide not to keep them. how daft am i.
working out a low carb plan for myself to get myself started again but will look for others opinions on low carb shakes to see if i kept some for emergencies such as when i dont get time to make breakfast. what do you think?
diane

Cara73
Wed, Jun-30-04, 18:47
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this forum very helpful and the people very supportive.

Best of luck to you!!! :)

eric909
Wed, Jun-30-04, 19:19
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif