PDA

View Full Version : Light headed

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

minetofix
Sat, Sep-08-01, 13:01
Hi Everyone.

I've been on Atkins for about 3 weeks now, let's see I've lost 25 lbs. (reminder - update profile!!)

Last couple of days I feel abit light headed. Anyone have this happen? What did you do?

;) Maybe its just my body adjusting to less weight to carry around!

minetofix

bluViolets
Sat, Sep-08-01, 20:03
you know what... this happened to me too, only worse, I started getting stupid....unable to concentrate, finish sentences, or string 2 thoughts together,without stopping and staring into space for awhile... I turns out to be a shortage of potassium, which is something you have to watch out for on this WOE, because of the large amounts of water lost. 1/4 teaspoon daily of lite-salt has 346 gr of potassium and should help clear up the light headedness...............:daze: violet

minetofix
Sat, Sep-08-01, 21:28
Thanks Violet. I had read in a few posts that potassium loss is a problem, so I just bought some vitamins. Silly me didn't even think of something as simple as salt! :eek:

Thanks so much for the idea!

Take care.
minetofix :wave: