PDA

View Full Version : New and ready to lose

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wintersow
Sat, Jun-26-04, 10:22
:wave:
Hi my name is wintersow
I read some of the threads and become very interested in some of your
inputs, I decide to join because I have some question of my own. I too on a diet are should I say changing my eating habits. I started a month ago at 220 pounds and now weight 190. My bigest problem is the belly fats which I have lost 4 iches around the stomach area. I been hearing about this sbd and a friend told me that she read in the sbd book to take metamucil it helps to fatten the stomach. Has anyone found that to be true? I need every input to helps lose the rest of this fat belly, I been carrying it to long. I been also running in the morning, and taking vitamin. This sbd seem to be what I need to lose the remaining pounds. Target weight is 140 pounds. Looking foward to hearing from you all.

LilaCotton
Sat, Jun-26-04, 12:42
Welcome! And congratulations on your 30 pounds gone--that's just awesome!! I have heard that the South Beach Diet is good for getting weight off the tummy first, but I'm not sure I understand why.

One thing I do know is that fat does tend to redistribute itself ever once in a while, and if you aren't losing as fast as you would like in one spot, just give it time and it will have no choice but to catch up later on. Also, I've heard that the Pilates exercises are good for toning the stomach area.

One thing I didn't like about the concept of the South Beach Diet is that it's a one-size-fits-all approach, with every person on it eating the same amount of food and same types regardless of what their body size or requirements may be and while this would probably work great for those wanting to lose a small amount of weight it's going to be hard if not impossible for someone heavier.