PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Plans

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MeezerMom
Fri, Jun-25-04, 07:37
Just wondering...does anyone have an opinion on which is the "best" low carb diet to follow? It seems that they are all different in some way!

Thanks,
Eve

horty
Mon, Jun-28-04, 20:28
I follow the southbeach diet, Its like atkins but without all the fat. It works for me, Good luck.

nepeta
Mon, Jun-28-04, 20:54
For me the best diet, is one that fits, one that i think i can stick with for the long haul.
I'm doing the syndrome x diet for now, in the near future I'm going to set up a personalized low carb plan with my nutritionist. In case you don't know, syndrome x is also known as insulin resistence. There are many books out on this now, and differing diets which address it, all low carb. i happen to like challem's book best, the information is thorough and sound, with an emphasis on nutrition and healthy fats. but this plan is for those with insulin resistence or those wanting to prevent it from happening. basically in simple terms insulin resistence is a pre-diabetes state. if you have diabetes running in your family you may want to check it out.

What I'm finding that I do need in a diet, is one that places nutrition above counting of carbs. It's a mindset thing, with the counting I develop a harsher and depriving tone with myself. Where with the not counting (but still knowing limits & what I can and can't eat) i find that my goal isn't so dependent on the number on the scale anymore, but rather more on me adopting a healthier lifestyle for the long haul.

Part of what led me to be a bit more lax is that I have a history of kidney stones, and realize that doing atkins induction is probably not the best plan for me.