PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Houston

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Hartensia
Thu, Jun-24-04, 21:52
Hi, my name is Hartensia. I have been low carbing since July of 2003 and have lost about 50lbs. The only thing is I still need to lose about 35lbs but I have lost my steam. I can't seem to find my way back to the Low Carb bandwagon. Even worst I eating carbs like crazy....HELP. Thank you for any suggestion or comments. thanks

Cara73
Thu, Jun-24-04, 22:08
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

One suggestion that may help..start a journal here. I would log everything you eat into it. It kind of makes you accountable for your foods...not to all of us, but to yourself. I know it helps me. I don't want to post bad foods, so I think about them before I eat it. And it has helped me from cheating many times.

Just a thought. Best of luck to you :)

nets33
Fri, Jun-25-04, 08:12
Welcome!

Cara's got the right idea... be accounable to your food. Your other option is to just trash it... throw it out! Get yourself away from temptation.

We're here to help. Good luck,
Kiks

Firenymph
Fri, Jun-25-04, 08:59
Welcome Hartensia, you've done well so far!

I fell off the wagon too for abit and found starting induction again helped get me off the carb fix. Best of luck, its hard but well worth it.

jedswife
Fri, Jun-25-04, 11:29
hi hartensia from Galveston!

i too had the same problem lost 65 lbs and then lost my steam. gained back 10 lbs and have just managed to get thru three days of a really CLEAN induction.

i realized that i had lost my militant attitude - and just need to get back into hard core low carbing - i think the major factor was that i had managed to lose a major portion of the weight i wanted and i felt so much better at that point - that i was giving myself a false sense of "it's ok you are no where near overweight like you were - so it's ok to go off" ---- all i really did though was kid myself - lets face it if something happened and i could not lose more weight through no fault of my own i would be happy where i am at - but i know i could still lose another 25-30 lbs. and feel even better about myself.

its just getting back that original enthusiasm.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1