PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Tennessee

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

scrappy
Wed, Jun-23-04, 12:54
Hi, my name is Jody. I live in Cookeville, Tennessee. I have been doing low carb for about 3 months and lost about 17 pounds. My husband is actually doing it too, and he introduced me this site. I had actually done low carb last year, but had a very difficult time doing it. Now, I know that i wasn't doing it the correct way. We are utilizing the cookbooks by Dana Carpender, 500 Low Carb Recipes, and also her barbecue one. They are very helpful, and I have to say I am never hungry. The thing I'm realizing the most is that it doesn't always matter what that darn scale says because I'm actually shrinking in size. I have weighed less before, but wore a bigger size. That is just amazing to me. :) I really hope to keep this up so I know I can use all the support I can get. I want to make this a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. Would love to hear any comments or suggestions.

MilanoSI
Wed, Jun-23-04, 13:23
Welcome Jody. :wave: I am in Nashville.

This board is great for support and encouragement. One of the things that helped me the most was to start a journal. I can keep track of everything I eat and how I feel plus everyone can stop by to encourage and say hello.

You are doing great so far on this WOE and I wish you the best of luck on your journey.