PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carol R
Tue, Jun-22-04, 15:11
Hello All! :wave:

I have in and out of this forum for a few months last year I think until recently. What made me find you again is doing a search on Candida. It brought me here.

My name is Carol. I am mom to AJ who is 19 and just left for Kentucky for the Army. I have a 2 1/2 year old girl, Rachel also. I have been on Atkins since August 2003 and had small changes in my health and just found out that I may have Candida :help: and that could probably be the reason of health and weight. I am hoping to lean on those of you who deal with this miserable condition as well as those who dont. I am 40 now and really want my life and health back. I hope to get to meet you all and thanks for a great forum.

Blessings,
Carol

J.K.
Tue, Jun-22-04, 17:49
Hey Carol,

Just dropping by to welcome ya in.

I don't know much about Candida but if the forums showed up on an engine certainly there's someone here who does.

See ya out on the boards.

And cheers! :)

Carol R
Thu, Jun-24-04, 14:11
:wave: Nice to meet ya J.K.!

Thanks for the welcome!

HollyAyott
Thu, Jun-24-04, 14:16
welcome back, while I dont myself suffer from candida my mother does and two great sites with lots of treatment info are

thebody.com

&

curezone.com

hope they help some, good luck....

Carol R
Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:57
Thanks so much for the welcome! :wave: Thanks for the links too. Very good info at Curezone.

I must say this forum has TONS of info and GREAT recipes! I do more lurking and reading just to see whats going on. My toddler really doesnt let me stay on her much so I dont get to post much.

Cara73
Wed, Jun-30-04, 19:05
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this forum very helpful and the people very supportive.

Best of luck to you!!! :)

eric909
Wed, Jun-30-04, 19:15
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

m1whowaits
Thu, Jul-08-04, 20:34
Hi, hope you pop back in here again. www.candidapage.com has good info too. The first several months of my journal that's all we talked about. Candida is what brought me here originally and started me on my LC WOL. Then I found out I was allergic to wheat!! This place and these wonderful people have changed my whole life. Hope to see you in here again!!

Carol R
Fri, Jul-09-04, 07:51
:D Hiya Cara and Eric! I would of replied sooner but didnt get any message that you posted. Glad you did! This is a GREAT place to be. Soooooo much info to sort through! One of the BEST low carb sites I have been to that helps in ALL areas of health and lowcarb. I am sure to love it here!

Blessings,
Carol

Carol R
Fri, Jul-09-04, 07:56
Hey Densie! Your journal has helped me out a ton! I am so blessed by it. I will continue to look through this site for more great info. Thanks for the link too. I am deffinetly needing a change. I have been following Atkins and that doest seem to help me loose weight so I am checking to see if the Candida is at fault for that. I am hoping people will respond to what a Candida Cleanse has done for them so I may learn and be encouraged by their stories. :wave:

Blessings,
Carol

Petrina31
Fri, Jul-09-04, 08:56
Carol,

Check out Danakins' journal too when you get a chance. I believe she does LC for Candida as well. I'm sure she'd be happy to help you out with some advice, encouragement and support.

Best of luck to you!
Petrina

HollyAyott
Mon, Jul-12-04, 18:11
Hi carol I was stopping in today to see how you were doing, seems you;'ve made some friends, thats wonderful. Hope all is well!

Carol R
Wed, Jul-14-04, 18:36
Thanks Petrina! I have been lurking in many journals here. :D I am getting very good info.

Hi Holly! Thanks for checking back with me. I dont get to post much still but I am certain that there will be days that I will. Everyone I have come in contact with has been very nice.

LatinGuy
Fri, Dec-17-04, 16:39
Happy B'day, Carol!! :Party:

Have a wonderful day!

Latin Guy

P.S. I highly recommend that you create a Journal. It will enable othe members to interact more with you.

Carol R
Fri, Dec-17-04, 20:16
Thanks so much for the Birthday message! Wow, that really stunned me to get a birthday wish when I dont visit very often. Thanks so much!! I wish I could start a journal. I am afraid I wouldnt get to it much is my problem. When I get some "me" time I really try to get to the places that I love to be but that isnt always possible.
Have a blessed night and upcoming holiday! :wave: