PDA

View Full Version : Sore legs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Judy1
Tue, Jun-22-04, 12:48
Hi everyone, I am Judy and I have been on the Atkins diet for a week and one day. I have lost about 5 pounds and am doing the diet with my husband. I wonder if any one can help. For the past three days I have been having some pain in my front upper and side leg muscles. It feels like I have the same ache as after you go to the gym. Any help would be greatfully recieved. Thanks in advance. Judy :wave:

Iowagirl
Tue, Jun-22-04, 13:13
Not sure but I would recommend taking a potassium supplement. See if that helps.

Welcome and best of luck to you and your's!

AFwife
Tue, Jun-22-04, 13:14
http://www.wtv-zone.com/califPamela/FairyImages2/Welcome-004.gif

Take your supplements!

Judy1
Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:12
Dear Iowagirl and AFwife, thanks for your reply and you welcome.
I am taking multi-vitamins. I went to the health shop tonight and they recomended that I take Calcium with Magnesium to relax my muscles. They also said I should eat more Spinach and Broccoli. Anyway I will give it a go and let everyone know. Many thanks Judy1

Ohio Kim
Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:26
I've heard these reasons many times before. However, for me, my legs ache when I don't drink enough water. Usually, just increasing my water, decreasing any leg cramping.

yoda_san
Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:29
I've heard these reasons many times before. However, for me, my legs ache when I don't drink enough water. Usually, just increasing my water, decreasing any leg cramping.

everyone always talks about low potassium causing leg cramps but I wonder if the build up of ketones and not drinking enough water can cause a side affect.

bcbeauty
Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:32
I suffered almost 4 months of the same kind of cramping but in my upper arms. I started taking two 99 mg tablets of potassium a day and they are finally gone.

Qmass
Wed, Jun-23-04, 14:43
Definitely, potassium and more water!