PDA

View Full Version : ~deep breath and write~

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Amist
Tue, Jun-22-04, 10:32
welp hey there...

Not really sure what to write so I'm just gonna flow with it...

I just joined and have been avoiding the scales for a year...
OMG I'm 216 and at 4' 9" I look simular to a huge round ball... :help:

I work on webrelated stuff and am pretty sedimentary :o {which is going to change due to some handy dandy DVDs I have purchased}
I'm 41 and have 2 teenaged childern
married and we just bought a split level...
and I'm like what were we thinking...
there are stairs.... :lol:

I was always overweight as a child...
and have yo-yoed to the weight I am now...
the weight really took off and took over when I was involved in a truck rollover back in 2000. In which I stood up on the brakes and now I can tell you when the weather is rolling in just by how my hips, knees and feet throb...
It's more of a nuisence than anything...
and I'm kicking it in the head now as an excuse...

I was LCing at the time of the wreck, I had keep the weight off and was winning the blob battle for the first time in my life. {{{NOTE OF WARNING: lame excuse coming}}} But when you can't stand long to cook or walk well for that matter you are kinda laid out to the whims of convenence more than what you know to work. {{{it's ok you can grimace now I do}}}

Everything is back in working order; except now I huff and puff on the stairs solely due to my largeness. For 4 years I have battled yoyo-style and never got back in the lifestyle like I want {need and have} to.

Well ok so now I go from here...
No more excuses...
and I HAVE to get a grip and start going again, because well to put it simply, I flat feel like an oversized rolling crapball.

Hence my presence here...
I know this works and I am going to do this and at 41 it's about time huh...

thanks for the ear...
Ami :wave:
{{ps it's ok to laugh or cry at this... I'll leave that to your discretion :agree: }}

wbahn
Tue, Jun-22-04, 11:08
Greetings and welcome aboard!

Tour the site and and you'll find all kinds of good advice. I highly recommend starting an on-line journal here and tracking your food, your exercise, your progress, your thoughts, your challenges, your hobbies, and whatever suits your fancy.

Good luck!

Cara73
Tue, Jun-22-04, 11:31
Hello Ami and welcome to the forum :wave:

It sounds like you have a great attitude, which is a key. I think this site will really help you stay on board. It has me. The people here are amazingly supportive, there is a ton of information here, and a lot of great recipes :yum:

I recommend starting your own journal. It's a place to log your meals/thoughts/successes/not so good days, and a great way to meet people. Also, to help you stay on track with your food, I highly recommend www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) and you can enter all of your meals in there.

Hang in there. We are all here to support you. Also, you may want to check out the triple digits thread. It's for people that need to lose 100+ lbs. I realize you are only at 101, but just a though :)

Best of luck to you!!! Feel free to stop by my journal anytime :)

AFwife
Tue, Jun-22-04, 13:13
http://www.wtv-zone.com/califPamela/FairyImages2/Welcome-004.gif

Iowagirl
Tue, Jun-22-04, 13:15
Welcome! You can do this!