PDA

View Full Version : Not new... But back after pregnancy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mabdab01
Mon, Jun-21-04, 10:35
I am not new to this website or low carbing, but I have been gone for almost a year now. I am back up to 165 lbs. after giving birth to a beautiful 7 lb. 1 oz. baby boy that we named Kyver. I am ready to start back up again and stick with it. I just cannot believe how much more low carb friendly the world is. There are so many new products and just about every restaurant has a low carb menu. I am excited to start. Things sure have changed in the past year. Wish me luck. :yay:

yoda_san
Mon, Jun-21-04, 10:42
You are right I started around March last year and it sure is a different low carb world. A word of warning though, some of those new low carb products aren't all they are cracked up to be. Be careful of the sugar alcohols.

Good Luck!

lavachicki
Mon, Jun-21-04, 10:55
Beware of packaged products! So many of them, regardless of what they are labeled, are no different from "regular" foods, they are just packaged in pretty wrappers and portion controlled. I've picked up more than one "low carb option" to find that it's NO different than the regular product... the service size is just smaller, so the carb counts come out different!