PDA

View Full Version : Am i doing something wrong?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

foven
Mon, Jun-21-04, 04:00
Hi to everyone,

I am a senior medical student and i always had problems with my weight.
Is very hard to control my dietary habbits when i am at home,so imagine how hard it is studying abroad and try to keep a balanced diet as well!

I come from Cyprus,a meditteranean island,and my diet has always been consisted of high-carb foods and now with the huge load of medical studies junk-foods assumed a part too.

I decided since this will be my final year(hopefully :cool: ) to get rid of the extra weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle.

I carefully studied Atkins and it does make a lot of sense from a medical point of view so i started doing it 10 days ago.

I eliminated: bread,pasta,rice,potatos from my diet as well as alcohol and other soft drinks and fruits too.

I stick to meat and salads mainly,i use mayo a lot,and a eat a fair amount of salad with every meal.

I do fry a lot and my appetite is very strong :agree: .
One problem though...It's been 10 days and i haven;t noticed any weight loss yet :help: !!!

My appetite has not decreased (i could say it rather increased even!) and most of the day i fell bloated..

Am i doing something wrong??? I have to invent what to cook keveryday,,i don't count my carb-intake but then again is mainly meat and salad..
Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanx in adavance for youe support and guidance.

lizziea
Mon, Jun-21-04, 04:16
You need to get hold of a carb counter and count your carbs to do atkins.On induction its 20g of carbs a day.
Have you got the book? New diet revolution? You need to read it and check what you are eating is within the guidelines.

If you are only eating meat and salad though, then that must mean that your intake is quite low?

Why not post what you ate yesterday.

Then its easier to see where you may be going wrong

Good luck!

foven
Mon, Jun-21-04, 04:24
Yesterday i had scrabbled eggs ,sausages and bacon for brakfast..

Octopus for lunch .

Grilled kebabs for dinner and salad.

I read the book through and i only eat what is allowed..I am not sure about the quantity though , i think i am having too much.

bradshaw
Mon, Jun-21-04, 06:39
I know beverage's also can make a huge difference. I myself cannot lose if I drink a diet caffeine free soda. There is something in it that prevents my losing. I can only drink water and 1-2 glasses of tea each day. Are you on any of the medications that are listed in the book as weightloss problems?

Elsah
Mon, Jun-21-04, 06:54
Yesterday i had scrabbled eggs ,sausages and bacon for brakfast..

Octopus for lunch .

Grilled kebabs for dinner and salad.

I read the book through and i only eat what is allowed..I am not sure about the quantity though , i think i am having too much.

Sounds to me like you are actually eating too little. Even during induction you are supposed to have at least 3 cups of veggies a day. www.fitday.com has a free account where you can track your carbs/calories, etc. I found that to be the easiest way to get a feel for what I should be eating daily. Also, don't be afraid of non salad veggies, there are tons of veggies you are allowed to eat during induction. Variety will make atkins something you can live with. You also are allowed to eat 3 to 4oz of cheese a day to up your carbs a bit if they are on the low side. I find that for myself, I feel better when I have 6 small meals in a day. Best of luck to you!

Jenn