PDA

View Full Version : Sugar free jello or eggs??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cajrio
Sun, Jun-20-04, 18:00
If I have meet my caloric intake for the day about 1900 but get that urge to eat in the evening is it better to eat the jello or scrambled eggs?

thanks,

Yvette :yum:

LilaCotton
Sun, Jun-20-04, 18:15
That's a good question! Unless I was just really having a hankerin' for something sweet I think I'd go for an egg (considering food value, and I was actually hungry, not just nibbly). One egg has around 70 calories, and you could have a little bit of butter or such with it to keep it around 100 calories. I try to keep my calories around 2,000 a day, sometimes less, sometimes a little more. I think all in all it evens out.

Jennyfur
Sun, Jun-20-04, 19:44
I'd choose the egg, too. If you feed your cravings for sweets with Jello (even sugar free!) then the cravings don't really go away. And in all honesty, who craves eggs?

Nadz
Mon, Jun-21-04, 05:23
I'd have the eggs too. Here's why: you can add some fat to it (e.g. butter) and that may help to satisfy you for the rest of the evening :thup: Also, if we're looking at 'healthy foods', the eggs would contribute more to your overall nutritional demands. But if all else fails and it's a sweet you crave, you know it's a bit of SF jello. :)

--Nadz

MyJourney
Mon, Jun-21-04, 06:58
I would personally have the jello, but thats because it has almost no calories and will satisfy me.

Usually in the evenings if Ive met my caloric limit for the day and I am still hungry I am probably just bored or was eating out of boredom throughout the day.

jagbender
Mon, Jun-21-04, 10:20
1900 sounds like a reasonable caloric intake. Although if you get hungry at night I would opt for the scrambled egg of a mock danish. Cycling your calories daily and keeping you weekly calories under your week total will work also.
How did you arrive at 1900 cals a day?

Jag

UpTheHill
Mon, Jun-21-04, 10:50
Eggs often make me crave. I'd have a piece of cheddar cheese.

Lynda

cajrio
Mon, Jun-21-04, 13:22
Jagbender:

I use fitday, I bought the program it offers additional features that I find helpful. It breaks down everything and shows trends in eating habits. I try to stay between 1800-1900 a day, I was just so hungry yesterday. this is the start of my second week of induction which I alwyas find the hardest to stick to, I keep my carbs between 15-22 a day and I have been staying in ketosis.

Thanks for all the advice.

What is a mock danish?

Yvette

LilaCotton
Mon, Jun-21-04, 19:16
Yvette, one rule about Induction--if you're hungry, eat. :)

Mock Danish recipe (compliments the recipe forum):
1 egg
2 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkt. Splenda

Mix up the egg and add vanilla and Splenda. Add softened cream cheese so that it's chunky, not all mixed into the egg. Microwave it for two minutes.

It may be more calories than you're looking for in an evening snack, but you need this recipe anyway. ;) It's great for breakfast, lunch, supper, dessert, snacks, just whatever! :)

CindySue48
Mon, Jun-21-04, 20:21
I'll take the eggs anyday.

cajrio
Tue, Jun-22-04, 11:13
thanks for the help and the receipe I wil try that tonight and let you know how it taste :-)

yvette