PDA

View Full Version : New from AZ

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chicamala
Sun, Jun-20-04, 15:19
Hello all. My name is CJ and I am new to your board. I am also new to low carbing. I have read Atkins and am trying it out, but I have very strict sodium restrictions. This means that things like bacon, sausage, cheese, etc...are a no-no.

I have been gaining weight at a very rapid pace for well over a year now. I am so frightened of where this can go since I am now the weight that I am. I have been walking for two months now and lifting weights for one month. I have not lost weight as of my last weigh in, but I am taking the low carb idea more seriously. Exercise alone and restricting my calories is not helping. I guess I will have to give up the carbs.

I have been diagnosed with many ailments and placed on many medications, but I have read enough now to believe that carbs are the culprit. I can tell a huge difference in how I feel after eating those little buggers (carbs...). I could sleep the day away. My sixteen year old son is the same way. I feel better while eating low carb, but I have some nasty cravings hit around 4 p.m. In fact, I am just starving at this point. Even if I eat a snack, I just go hogwild for some food and it seems like I have to have lots.

These are a few of the things I have been diagnosed with: Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Hashimoto's Hypothryoidism, Diabetes, Respiratory Airway Disease, Lupus, Severe High Blood Pressure (230/120), High Cholesterol, etc., etc.....

I wanted to spell these out as losing weight is not my first goal. Being free from these conditions is really my top priority. I look forward to getting to know you all and learn and gain support from you.

Thanks for reading,
CJ

wbahn
Sun, Jun-20-04, 16:39
Welcome aboard and I hope that low carbing is able to ameliorate at least some of your health problems. It certainly isn't a cure-all, but it is amazing how many of the common ailments of our society are linked to massive overindulgence in carbs - particularly sugar.

Hopefully you have a doctor that is supportive of your low carbing efforts and has made the effort to become educated about it.

Keep the Faith!