PDA

View Full Version : I Like Pie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

~ic
Sat, Jun-19-04, 17:30
I came across this site while reading about the Atkins diet. I had been thinking about changing my eating habbits for awhile now and decided I'd give it a try upon my last visit to the super market.

At 175ish lbs I know I'm not obese but I'm certainly headed on the road to bad health in the years to come. I was a mass fast food consumer, eating 5-8 fast food meals a week and snacking on chocolate, chips, and candy. I've gained 30lbs in the last year and I think it's about time I take control of my life and eat properly to avoid long term health risks.

After several months of looking over the internet and talking to my doctor twice about the subject I though I'd try a low carb plan. It seemed to be more of a life stye rather than a diet and it has several health benefits.

I took this evening to look over these boards and can't wait to read more about the people here. :)

BlitzedAng
Sat, Jun-19-04, 17:36
Welcome to the forum ~ic

J.K.
Sat, Jun-19-04, 17:59
Hey ~jc...

Welcome in. I'm kinda new too, but not really new to the Atkins diet. I went on it before and had great results, but got back into my ole habits and - wups!

Time to start over again.

I can tell ya this though having been on it before. After working on a low carb diet for a while - figureing out what ya can eat - and then picking out what you like the best among your choices, you very well may find yourself being the envy of everyone else.

That's how it worked with me at least. When I was on it before almost everytime I sat down to a meal at home it was my plate everyone was looking at.

That said - good luck. See ya out on the boards.

And cheers! :)

wbahn
Sat, Jun-19-04, 21:05
Welcome aboard!

You are definitely doing the right thing - catching yourself now before the pounds really pile on and the health impacts start showing up.

You'll find this board a great source of support.

Good luck to you.

Red04
Sat, Jun-19-04, 21:08
Hi there!
I am new here too and just wanted to wish you luck.

Cara73
Sat, Jun-19-04, 21:16
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find the boards very informative and supportive. The people are truly amazing.

Best of luck to you :)

~ic
Sun, Jun-20-04, 17:05
Thanks for all the nice things. This place looks like a lot of fun :)