PDA

View Full Version : very newbie to this site and to low carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

patchesnz
Sat, Jun-19-04, 03:08
hi everybody i am very new at this just started my low carb diet yesterday i am feeling hunrgy still.
i think i am having to much cheese and cream i would be greatful for any tips people can give me on snacks and shakes and other iseas :help:

warrior
Sat, Jun-19-04, 03:10
mo' meat? I am starting it tommorrow so hang on.

Cara73
Sat, Jun-19-04, 08:19
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

You may want to post a sample meal plan that you are having so we can see what you are eating. There are so many people here that are very knowledgable and can take one look and see a problem.

Best of luck to you :)

LCanita
Sat, Jun-19-04, 09:07
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Don't let yourself get hungry when on induction. Eat until you feel satisfied, but not stuffed. I think Dr. A says no more than 4 oz. of cheese a day. That's a good guideline. I'm not sure what the limit is on cream, if any.

Just be sure to follow the rules carefully, it does make a difference in your success and in getting rid of carb cravings.

Good luck and may the scale monster be kind to you! :D

LCanita
Sat, Jun-19-04, 09:11
Ok, I checked. DANDR says 3-4 ounces of cheese and no more than 3 oz. of heavy unsweetened cream. There you go!

Also, remember no frankenfoods, no nuts, no caffeine (lots of LCers ignore this one).

Hope that helps!

patchesnz
Sat, Jun-19-04, 23:04
thank you all for ansewring my question i just posted another message with my meal plan on it and i am having decaf coffee thanks ok isnt it

Suerte
Sat, Jun-19-04, 23:19
Hi, am fairly new also. I was reading the fine print in the Atkins book, yes there is a limit on cream 3 oz per day. Also, the book says that cream can sometimes slow a few people's weight loss. So go easy on the cream, also if you are taking Splenda two packets per day.

I have been having scrambled eggs sometimes with chives, and a couple pieces of bacon for breakfast, lunch is usally chicken salad (cut up chicken breast with a bit of celery, red pepper, very little onion and a tbsp or so of mayo.), it's good, I have also done the same thing with shrimp instead of chicken.

Dinner, well that's another story.....hamburger patty with fried mushrooms and a bit of salad, bbq'd steak rest about the same, chicken caesar salads, chicken, salad & mushrooms, but not always the mushrooms.

I nibble on cheese throughout the day (not very much at a time), and I have been drinking water like crazy.

We live outside of Vancouver, BC, Canada, and it has been so hot here, that the water has not been a problem to get down :)

Good luck, the hunger does go away, as do the sugar cravings. I am rarely hungry, I find the hardest part of the diet is finding something that seems appetizing.

Karen

Good luck,

Karen