PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, but not low carb!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jolinar
Fri, Jun-18-04, 09:53
Hi everyone! :wave:

I started low carbing (Atkins) in January 2003. I lost 50 pounds, and as soon as I hit goal, I found myself pregnant. I'm due July 22, and I've been sticking to a moderate carb diet since I have gestational diabetes. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the wagon once the baby is born. I hope I can get to know a lot of you!

Iowagirl
Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:07
Welcome and congrats! Won't be long, now! Is this your first?

elijaeger
Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:08
Cool welcome.

There are some threads related to new mothers on this forum. Do a search in the forums. Some people were saying that doing Atkins produces milk that some babies don't like. Might be better to keep higher amounts of Low GI carbs in your diet for a while.

Jolinar
Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:08
Thank you! Yes, this is my first! It's a boy!

Jolinar
Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:16
Cool welcome.

There are some threads related to new mothers on this forum. Do a search in the forums. Some people were saying that doing Atkins produces milk that some babies don't like. Might be better to keep higher amounts of Low GI carbs in your diet for a while.

Yes, I was definitely going to consider a different diet, so I can stay out of ketosis. I'd also like to lose slower this time, and focus more on exercise.

Cara73
Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:21
CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!! :Party: :Party: :Party:

Be grateful you lost it before you got pregnant. I was very heavy when I got pregnant. I was SO happy to be pregnant, but so ashamed of my weight.

Good luck to you !!! I wish you the best.

Jolinar
Sat, Jun-19-04, 05:48
Thanks for the welcome, everyone :)