PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with Dinner!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CherishJoy
Thu, Jun-17-04, 15:51
So far today, I only have consumed 11 carbs and 670 calories.

Any idea of what I should make for dinner? I really want to up my calories and carb since its too low (I think) and do not want to put my body in starvation mode. I am not even hungry but I am concerned I may be doing some damage to my metabolism. As for my daily menus, look in my journal. Please advise!

Any ideas for snacks to make sure I maintain higher calories and close to my 20 g carbs daily.

jemman
Thu, Jun-17-04, 16:24
i had a hard time keeping my cals & carbs up on induction too... after the 2 weeks its easy when u can add stuff... like nuts... pistachios are like 9 carbs & 200 cals for 1 serving :) and fun & yummy to eat. i just learned today, that its best to eat when you're hungry- dont force yourself if you're not.

LucyLucy
Thu, Jun-17-04, 16:41
I mix a container of cream cheese & sour cream, a bit of heavy cream for consistency, 5 splenda packets & beat until smooth. I leave this in the fridge and have some every day. You have to be careful though, it can be addicting!

LL :)

jemman
Thu, Jun-17-04, 16:51
does it taste like cheesecake lucy?

Elsah
Thu, Jun-17-04, 17:04
For our dinner I am doing "chicken" topped with 1 small can of chopped green chilies topped with a can of no salt added tomatoes, sliced black olives, a few handfuls of mexican blend cheese then I am going to bake it and serve it with sour cream, fresh cilantro and jalapenos on top when it's at the table.

Jenn

jemman
Thu, Jun-17-04, 17:14
im going to jenns house for dinner! :yum:

Elsah
Thu, Jun-17-04, 17:16
It's a LONG drive... dinner might be cold by the time you get here. :)