PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Christabel
Thu, Jun-17-04, 15:15
Hello just trying a spot of Atkins to get my bikini bod back before my hols. Am three days into induction, I've never done it before and i have two things you guys can help me with -
1) can something that makes you feel this crappy be good for you?
2) And how big is a cup? Are we talking an English tea cup or an actual unit of measurement... we don't use cups over here (no we drink out of our hands ha ha, you KNOW what I mean!)

Cheers m'dears
Christabella :wave:

sevenclark
Thu, Jun-17-04, 17:27
Don't worry, the "feeling like crap" part is very temporary! It should only last two to three days or so.
A cup is 240 ml; does that help? Or 8 oz.
Welcome to the forums!
Julie

Christabel
Tue, Jun-22-04, 10:48
Hiya
Lovely cute dog btw, is it a schnauser?
Yes I have now discovered for myself that the crappiness doesn't last and the fat burning begins - huzzah!! It is so weird how you can eat all this stuff and still lose weight, after a good couple of years thinking "Nah, Atkins is too faddy/difficult" I am mighty impressed. :yum:
Cheers for the cup measurement, that is helpful. I read on the UK Atkins site that they recommend 400g salad/veg per day so that's handy too.

Thank you
Christabella

AFwife
Tue, Jun-22-04, 13:14
http://www.wtv-zone.com/califPamela/FairyImages2/Welcome-004.gif

LisaJayne
Wed, Jun-23-04, 23:05
Hi Christabelle,
I'm also in the UK!
Can you tell me the web address for the Atkins UK.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Lisa

sheba
Thu, Jun-24-04, 15:41
Hi guys
I am also in UK, I am in Cornwall where are you?

Just watched England lose at football and reached for the cheese instead of the bread which has to be good!

Perhaps it would be good to have a UK support group, what do you think?

I think to access the UK Atkins you just put in Atkins and it scrolls down

Have fun and talk soon

Sheba

tholian8
Thu, Jun-24-04, 15:50
There is a UK sub-forum here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35

You will find Brits all over the board, not just in the UK section....

(but you will also find expat Yanks like me :lol: )

Christabel
Fri, Jun-25-04, 09:10
Hi Sheba, I'm in London.
Since first posting the original msg I have found the UK bit of this site which is v good - lots of help there.
I too watched England lose and reached for greek salad (although I was drinking wine at the time too but hey, it was a time of national emergency!)
I managed to resist when all around were eating chips!!

Christabelle

Firenymph
Fri, Jun-25-04, 09:24
Welcome and best of luck!

pushka
Fri, Jun-25-04, 09:49
Thanks for showing me the UK bit of the forums, I'm sure it will help me when trying to purchase low carb foods at reasonable prices over here..:)

Michele