PDA

View Full Version : New Member & Starlix question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cc04723
Thu, Jun-17-04, 14:22
Hi all:

I just found this site accidentally and decided to join. Here is a little bit about me and my health:

I have Type 2 Diabetes (October 2002) and have been trying seriously to get my glucose numbers (and cholesterol, etc.) in line since mid-2003.

I decided that there are three phases to my eating habits:

1. Awareness of what I am eating.
2. Making choices about what I am eating.
3. Making GOOD choices about what I am eating!!

I have not made it to step 3 yet.

:help:

O.K., now for the real question:

Is there a known "side effect" of Starlix that makes glucose go up and stomach go out??

My doctor is having me take a Stalix at night, since most of my high numbers were at bedtime (bad dinner choices). I immediately noticed that my morning numbers were higher than they had been. The last appointment I asked if I should take a Starlix each time my numbers were higher than 150 and he said yes. Since then my numbers seem to have gotten into a viscious cycle. Almost like there is a rebound of a high number following taking Starlix.

Beyond this, I have noticed that my waist is just not going down, in fact it seems to be growing. I work out at least three days per week, 1 hour per workout (40 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of machines). Also, I have not lost the weight I would have expected (although my cholesterol went down significantly last time).

Is this just my imagination or is Starlix causing my glucose to go up and my stomach to go out!!

Carole
California
:wave:

nets33
Thu, Jun-17-04, 14:32
Welcome Carole!

There is a whole group here that deals with your type of questions. Check out this link to see what help you might find there:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Glad that you found us here. Hopefully there will be someone along who can help you answer your question about your meds.

Good luck,
Kiks