PDA

View Full Version : Does it seem Induction wrked.. Is this a good loss so far?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anavette
Thu, Jun-17-04, 07:57
Hi All,
Well the 15th was my 2nd week of induction and I am not sure that I lost the weight I expected to lose those 2 weeks. It could be me just being paranoid :daze:
I started at 232 and now I am at 220. I have also decided to do another week of induction w/ NO caffeine or aspartame. Does that sound ok to you guys? :there:

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Anavette :bhug:

Paleoanth
Thu, Jun-17-04, 08:01
I think 12 pounds is great! People on this forum have found that you can expect to lose 10% of what you need to in induction. For example, I lost 4 pounds and wanted to lose 40 total.

You actually did better than 10%. Great job!

twistermom
Thu, Jun-17-04, 08:02
I would say you did a terrific job! I only lost 10 in my first two weeks. Keep doing what you are doing. I say if you want to stay-stay.

anavette
Thu, Jun-17-04, 08:07
Thanks guys for the positive comments... I REALLY APPRECIATE having you guys and a place like this.. it is like I changed my WOE with friends..makes it more exciting!

Anavette

Arizona B
Thu, Jun-17-04, 08:21
Congradulations!!! You did great. I only lost 10 when I did Induction. Your on the right track. I stay on Induction most of the time. I feel better and I have 50 more lbs. to lose so I don't want to do anything that might slow me down. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

CherishJoy
Thu, Jun-17-04, 09:12
Congrats! It seems like you are on the right track and loss of 12 pounds is AWESOME!

I know of some people who preferred to stay in the induction phase longer. If you want to do induction longer, then go for it! :) May the "Whoosh" Fairy visit you soon.

fistula
Thu, Jun-17-04, 09:51
Yeah thats great news. I have been on induction since May 18th and as of this morning I lost a full 20 pounds. Its worth sticking on induction IMHO as long as you have weight to lose.

jagbender
Thu, Jun-17-04, 10:08
sounds good, I did induction for 14 months.

Jag

orchidday
Thu, Jun-17-04, 10:21
You did fantastic on induction! What a great weight loss! You can stay on induction for quite awhile and you would be fine. But many low-carbers find induction too restrictive and boring. So that is really up to you and what you are comfortable with. I always found that induction felt too much like a "diet" to me, and I like the freedom that OWL (ongoing weight loss) gives me. But lots of folks stay on induction much longer and are happy while getting great weight loss results. Welcome!

Orchid

jemman
Thu, Jun-17-04, 10:38
thats awesome! congrats :D