PDA

View Full Version : Calories

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Meled
Wed, Jun-16-04, 09:29
I thought on Atkins we don't have to count calories? Please advise. I can't stand counting. :wave: :q:

cs_carver
Wed, Jun-16-04, 09:59
Can you reliably eat "enough?" If so, eat till you've had enough and quit and you'll probably be OK.

If, however, your idea of "enough" is "till it's gone," you might have to find a way to count, or cut back, or ...

Only you can tell.

Fhyreworks
Wed, Jun-16-04, 10:36
I'm a "until it's gone" person - or I have been. I'm trying very hard to modify that bad habit. I've been known (in the past) to eat until I'm ready to bust and still try to squeak one more bite in. I don't ever want to do that again. So I do keep track of my calories, that way I will know what I need if things seem to be getting off course.

Debbie

Meled
Wed, Jun-16-04, 10:37
I eat until I am full. That is why I want to go back to this way of eating.

jagbender
Wed, Jun-16-04, 11:07
You don't have to count calories. But I am a big fan of BMR and knowing what your body needs to sustain and or lose.
A lot of people get in trouble eating too few calories on LC and force their bodies into starvation mode. I have several members in my journals who I asked to up their calories to lose weight. Those members started losing again.
If you are interested in the BMR calculator here is the link.
http://www.ecybex.com/education/calculators/bmr_calc.html
You also cannot lose eating too much calories either.

Any questions let me know.

Jag

twistermom
Wed, Jun-16-04, 11:12
Jag...can you send me the link another way. I can't pull it from the quick reply.