PDA

View Full Version : Day one!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Twylo
Tue, Jun-15-04, 23:36
Hello everyone!

I just started the Protein Power plan today. In all honesty, I'm still very skeptical, but I'm willing to give it a try. I've had a great deal of trouble losing weight in the past (haven't we all!), but I did manage to go from 295 pounds to 245 pounds using "conventional" diets. But I've been stuck for over a year, and I've slowly gained weight back up to 265 since then. I just can't seem to get started again!

A friend recommended Protein Power to me, and that's the one I've chosen primarily based on his recommendation. I'm agnostic about the plan -- Atkins, South Beach, Protein Power, I don't care, as long as it works :)

So thank you all for being here, I hope I can turn here when I need help! I'm a real sweets-and-bread addict, and I know I'm going to struggle with not having my morning bagel tomorrow!

-Twylo

LilaCotton
Wed, Jun-16-04, 01:05
Hello! You've come to the right place for lots of wonderful support and advice. :) I'm partial to Atkins, myself, but that's because it looked like a plan I could stick with for life, where some of the others looked a little more daunting.

All the best to you! :)

vicki w
Wed, Jun-16-04, 06:23
Welcome - i hope that you find all the help here that you need.
Good luck xxx