PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on upping carbs.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sqkitty
Tue, Jun-15-04, 15:31
I'm moving up to 25-30 carbs a day but I keep being stuck around 17-20 carbs. I need a good snack that will up my carbs but not my calories more than say 200. Thanks in advance.

jemman
Tue, Jun-15-04, 16:07
nuts! pistachios, almonds, macadamias, etc...

elijaeger
Tue, Jun-15-04, 17:48
Add a few berries, low in calories and carbs and full of the most powerful antioxidants.

Karen D.
Tue, Jun-15-04, 19:08
Parmesan crisps - preheat your oven to 400F. Measure out six little piles of 1/3 cup each of parmesan or asiago cheese on a cookie sheet and bake for four to five minutes. Turn them over with a wide pancake turner and bake for another minute. Remove from oven, drain on paper towel, and that's it. They're delicous warm or cold. I put them in sealed sandwich bags and try to keep some in my purse for those moments when I just have to have a snack.

Karen D.

sqkitty
Tue, Jun-15-04, 19:26
Thanks! These are great suggestions. It always helps to get a little outside advice when you are stumped.