PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

2Pigeon
Mon, Jun-14-04, 13:59
:help: Hello Everyone I am new to this forum. I am trying to get this to go but it keeps disapearing on me. I hope everyone is well and havng a great day. will write a longer note next time. :wave:

etoiles
Mon, Jun-14-04, 21:25
Hi 2Pigeon!

Welcome to the forum! :wave: Best wishes starting your new weight loss adventure! I'm sure the weight will start coming off in no time!

Nice nickname too, where did you get that from?? It reminds me of the pigeon couple that lived 2 floors above us in an air conditioner until the landlord took their nest away. :mad:

Anyways, many wooshes to you! :)

orchidday
Mon, Jun-14-04, 21:56
Welcome 2pigeon! LOL I was going to ask the same question - where did you come up with that name? My Uncles raises racing pigeons and I guess he is kind of famous in the pigeon racing world........

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the site!

Orchid

2Pigeon
Tue, Jun-15-04, 13:18
Hi everyone thanks for the notes . I used to have 2 beautiful fantail pigeons. One day when my son was young we were arguing and you could tell he was very angry at me I knew if he could he would swear at me instead in a angry tone he called me PIGEON of course I fell on the floor laughing and I have been usingf it as a username every since.
One thing I would like to ask is. if you have lost your willpower how do you get it back?

orchidday
Tue, Jun-15-04, 16:05
That is a great story Pigeon and a great name. I lose my willpower on a regular basis :). Actually, it hasn't been too bad but I think it happens to almost everyone who tries to do something so drastic as to completely change the way they eat. A couple of things really work for me. I make a commitment to get through the next 24 hours only. I can't think about making a commitment that is so much longer. So it helps me a lot to work at it one day at a time. Before you know, it weeks have gone by! The other thing that really helps me is to read through journals of people who have lost a lot of weight, especially if their start weight is similiar to mine. Because then I can see that they had struggles too but they kept going. I know that if they did, surely I can do it :) Hang in there Pigeon! We have all had those feelings. You also might start your own journal and visit other people's journals so you can start building a support system for yourself. Just knowing that my friends here really care about how I do, makes all the difference in the world and helps make me want to be accountable. We don't always get that same support in our day to day lives out in the real world :). You can do it!

Orchid

etoiles
Tue, Jun-15-04, 21:10
Hi again! :)

I agree with orichdday about starting a journal. It is a great way to meet people and a nice place to express your feelings!!

If I lose my willpower, I just try to get through it logically... will this benefit me in any way if I eat it? If I eat it will it solve my problem? What good will it do? If I don't exercise, how is that going to help me? Etc...

In the end whatever you lose your willpower for probably isnt going to be worth it, so I just try to push past that moment and if you can make it past that moment then it isn't quite as hard!

best wishes to you.

vicki w
Wed, Jun-16-04, 06:26
Welcome - i hope that you find all the help here that you need.
Good luck xxx